Friday, November 18, 2011

Accounting and Missions- Quite the Combo

One thing you may or may not know about me [but now you do] is that I am an accounting major. Woot! haha
Yes, my goal is to become a CPA. I do not know if that is what my career will be for my entire life, because I do expect to take time off to raise my beautiful children when they come along, but for now, that is the plan.

Today, my accounting professor drove two classmates and myself down to Sacramento for a student luncheon.  It was hosted by CalCPA, and it gave some time for us to network with different accounting firms as well as a very good meal and a wonderful day off campus. :] It was a wonderful experience, and I hope more people go next year.

This evening, a few hours after I got back to campus, I was interviewed by two lovely people who are taking several students to Peru on a missions trip this coming Spring Break! I am starting to get more and more excited about it, and I don't even know if I will be accepted to go. There are only 12 spots, and more than 12 people applied.  I'm definitely praying for God's will. If I I do get the opportunity to go, then I will be able to love on orphaned kids who live in garbage dumps, and also help build a house that a church is currently working on!! How sweet is that!? I want to bless them so much, and I am already praying for the darlings. If I don't get to go, then I am thinking about applying to another missionary program that plants churches around the world, and I could pick wherever I want to go, and either help with the church planting or help in some business building. I really would love to help underdeveloped countries through business!!!

So, yeah.  Story of my heart right now.  Laters :D

No comments:

Post a Comment