Tuesday, December 6, 2011

*Sigh of Deep Peace*

This past week has been probably the best week of my entire life. It started with being back at home for Thanksgiving break. I was majorly blessed to drive down with my third cousin who started attending Simpson this school year. We carpooled because she lives half an hour from my house down south.
Church last weekend was good. I got to eat turkey dinner with them, and it was goooood, homemade food. Afterwards, I was sitting with some ladies listening to one that was sharing about how God has been teaching her to look for Him, to see what He is doing in this time and how He is moving. I wish I could remember all of it, but the part that stood out to me was when she talked about God taking us on a left turn. At first it may seem weird, because we have a set, strait path that we're headed on, but God wants to take us on an adventure because He has something really cool and different for us. I was impressed by what she had to say, and I stored it in my heart.
Since then, life is different and wonderful.  I've been asking God to show me things I wouldn't realize without his nudging, and He's more than delivered :] I've been prophesied over, had great encounters with the Father and my friends, and found out that I was accepted to go on a missions trip to Peru during spring break this coming March! :D I'm very excited to go there!! I'm going with 13 other Simpson students to join with a group called Inca Link. While there, I will be with orphans, helping to build a house for them, and going to the garbage dump where many scavenge for food. I am expectantly waiting for the time I will spend there, sharing the Love that I have been given with them and getting to know the students who I'm going to travel with more personally.  I look forward to growing and being influenced by the culture there as well.
It is currently "Dead Week" at school- the last week before finals!! I stayed up really late last night and my throat has hurt today. Eh, nothing a little peppermint tea won't fix ;] I'm off to write a philosophy paper and letters to people asking for money and prayer support for my trip.  Never have I done this before, so it will be interesting to see the results.  I know God has a hand in this, and so I completely know that He will help me and all my team memebers have enough coverage in both ways before, during and after the trip!
GAH! I'm so excited :D

No comments:

Post a Comment